Philippines offers American system of medical education and the Primary Medical qualification is M.D. degree(MBBS). This qualification is globally recognized including the Medical Council of India.
The MBBS program of Philippines is a unique opportunity for students who have passed 12th standard or equivalent examinations to pursue medical education of International standards. Colour, splendour and hospitable people, are all in the country of Philippines. With beaches and islands around it, the Republic of Philippines is like a mini retreat to vacationers and the local population alike. Weather condition in this extensive coastal region is very similar to that in India, with rain and a temperate climate.
Yes, there is immense cultural diversity in the society with an international exposure. It is in close proximity to other Asian countries thereby being a constant tourist destination. It has extensive business centres and advanced information technology.
With the highest literacy rate of about 94% in Asia, Philippines is home to a major student crowd. It is much affordable to study MBBS in Philippines rather than in various other countries that offer high quality education. Many parents believe that Philippines is the right place for their children to study MBBS because it offers many good reasons for quality education.
Advantages of Studying Medical (MBBS) in Philippines
- Philippines is the world's third largest English-speaking country with a highest English literacy rate in Asia. The mode of instruction in all levels of education is English which is the widely-used language for business, education, communication and trade.
- It has a tropical climate with a disease pattern similar to India
- Climate and disease pattern is similar to that in India, giving the students a firsthand practical experience before they start practicing.
- Degree Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI): The accreditation with MCI defines the MBBS holder from India and an MD holder from Philippines at the same level.
- Global recognition and acceptance of the degree. Quality medical education as recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), IMED of ECFMG- USA, MCI, FAIMER, USMLE and similar other bodies. Top Universities renowned worldwide
- Integrated problem-based learning approach giving future medical practitioners a better exposure even before they have started practice
- Modern teaching methods with first-rate facilities and equipped with the well-established infrastructure
- Option to start working on preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to study Post Graduate Degrees
- Excellent boarding and lodging provided by the university. Separate Hostel for both boys and girls. Availability of Indian food for students.
- Global exposure by working alongside various nationalities as well.
- 5.5 years for complete degree
- Asian country with close proximity to India
- Easy accessibility with several daily flights
- Extensive Syllabus and curriculum similar as in India
- Affordable cost of education
- Excellent hands on practice
- Ideal student-patient ratio
Check Your MBBS Eligibility to Study in Philippines
- A student with 12th Standard in Science or Equivalent Examination with a minimum of 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and if the student belongs to reserved category, then a score of 40% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology is sufficient as per MCI guidelines is good to go for MBBS.
- MHCET/AIPMT/NEET exams are not required
Accreditations for MBBS
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) recognized, which will make the candidates eligible to appear for USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination). Upon successful completion of this test, the student is eligible to practice or undertake a PG degree in USA.
- FAIMER recognized (Foundation for Advancement of International Education) our education set up will make the candidates will make the candidate eligible to join Ph.D. courses.
- Recognized by Philippines Government.
- Most colleges have several Tie ups with reputed universities across globe.
Facilities for the MBBS Students
- Separate hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls
- Indian Food available
- Late night open libraries within campus and in hostels as well
- In house Gym facilities
- Well equipped Laboratories
- Computer centres with Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Hotspots within campus - this is a big advantage of doing MBBS degree in Philippines
MD Course or MBBS Course
The Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree is offered. MBBS and MD in Philippines are both primary and equivalent undergraduate medical qualifications where MBBS is the British System and MD is the American System of Education. The MD program of Philippines is a unique opportunity to students who have passed 12th standard or equivalent examinations to pursue medical education of International standards.
It lasts for 5 years and 4 months followed by one year internship which can be undertaken in India after completion of Screening test and procuring Provisional Registration of MCI. After successful completion of Screening Test and internship, the student is eligible to register with MCI and State Medical Councils and can practice in India
Get Guaranteed Admission for MBBS in Top University Anywhere in Philippines
There is generally only one intake every year and a few colleges have limited seats. However, a few colleges have known to start a new intake to accommodate the rising number of student applications. Apply soon to get to the best college of your liking.
Guaranteed admissions available!
Secure your seats for your medical/mbbs degree in Philippines without paying all fees. Easy pay options available. Please contact for further information.
We help with applications for the following Universities:
Click on the Image below to know about the College