Geographically, Singapore, an island city-state off southern Malaysia, is a global financial center with a tropical climate and multicultural population.
With a steep rise in the importance of studying on a global level, Singapore has become one of the most happening cities for higher education. The Garden City-State is amongst the top 15 best student cities, as per QS Best Student Cities ranking 2017.
Along with rise in the demand for a quality education, there are so many great benefits of studying in Singapore including reduced fees, a range of highly ranked universities. There are amazing reasons behind the specialty of Singapore. Singapore is an ideal destination for doing your higher studies. Some of the reasons are listed below. You can check the list below and get the perfect reason to choose Singapore.
Close to home
- Singapore’s proximity to India makes it a much preferred choice amongst Indian students and their parents.
- Most parents generally prefer Singapore over other study destinations as it’s only a five hour flight from India, unlike the US and UK, and gives them more connectivity with their children.
Rich Educational structure
- The city-state has two globally renowned universities, namely National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University that ranks 12th and 13th, respectively, as per the QS rankings 2017
- The universities in Singapore are primarily recognized for their technology and engineering courses, as well as those in natural sciences. Singapore is considered to be one of the leading educational nations in Asia.
- One of the most attractive factors about Singapore is the weather.
- Specially, for Indian students the weather is similar to that of their home country. So you can have a great time during your learning years.
Cost of education
- Most students look for the cost incurred in studying abroad. So if you plan to go for a world class education at an affordable rate, Singapore should be your choice. Studying in Singapore costs significantly less compared to both the UK and US alike.
- The average cost of living in Singapore is much more affordable than in countries such as Canada and Australia, which is another reason why Singapore is one of the best economic options available for students who wish to purse international education.
Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world to live in with one of the lowest crime rates. Unlike many western countries where crime is high and many people own weapons, here weapons and guns can’t be easily purchased.
Over the past few years, Singapore has implemented a number of strict laws, promoting low crime rates to keep the streets and public transportation safe for locals and tourists. It is safe to walk the streets at night. Parents can thus be rest assured that their children will be safe in Singapore.
No need to learn a new language
One of the advantages of studying in Singapore is that you will not have to learn additional language.
Other than this the other languages which are quite common over here are mandarin, Tamil and Malay. However, English speaking people are largely available this is one of the most incredible factors.
Multi cultural diversity
Cultural-wise, Singapore can be thought of a proper blend of the East and the West. Singaporeans are Asians, yet also modern and multicultural in many ways. People living, studying and working in Singapore have originated from all over the world and as a result, the country is the collection of diverse cultures, ethnicities, and religions. This incredible diversity functions in harmony, as the nation is relatively free from conflict.
Ms. Sai Dadarkar
Counselor & Trainer
Imperial Overseas Educational Consultants